Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OBD and Engine monitoring system

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK NAIR

Dear All,

Iam in need of a Onboard diagnostic system circuit and Diesel engine monitoring system circuit for checking the health of the engine and caliberating the engine after service. THis OBD can be connected to the laptop through RS232 interface which is conneted to the other circuit contains sensors inside the engine. This i have seen in Elector electronics mag .But the article is not clear to make a prototype.

If anyone having the idea and circuit please help me in this regrd and kindly treat this as a humble request

thanks with best regards
RKN

This is a pretty generic question. There are lots of pages that talk about OBD interfaces, you could narrow down your questions alot by doing some basic research on the net first.

I looked into this myself a few months ago, and I know I found some references on the net for interfaces. This page seems to talk specificly about interfacing with a PC, but there's lots of good information and it took me 3 seconds to find on google looking for "OBD interface".

https://www.andywhittaker.com/ecu/

This really isn't something you would want to make yourself anyway. There are plenty of OBD scan tool interfaces on the net available to order. Some of them are almost as cheap as making it yourself, and they come with the software for graphical display of the codes and sensor data.

Unless you're really interested in the project for no other reason than you're interested in doing it yourself, it'll save you a whole lot of trouble just buying one.

Here is a link you may want to look into.

https://www.obddiagnostics.com/index.html

It will interface a PC serial port to an OBD-II compliant connector and can handle the big-3 protocols; GM, Ford, and ISO
Price is very reasonable, and the site has the PC software also frr to download.
What more could you want?
Dialtone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back