Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

O/S survey

Which option suit you best?

• I use Windows and Hate it a lot..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use Windows and Love it..

• I use Linux and Love it

• I use Linux only because Windows is too expensive

• I use some other Operating System

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I neither love or hate either platform. They are tools. When you use them for what they do best they work well enough.

Up to about 10 years ago I used HPUX.

These days for much of what I do windows is the only choice. I use XP because it works.

I use Debian Linux on my server and Smoothwall for a firewall. For some reason I have never warmed up to the various Linux desktops. Not much point in it since most of the apps I use do not run there.

I use Linux at home and I wouldn't say I really love it but I like it more than Windows. Installing new software can be a pain and I still haven't managed to get my printer working but Windows is just too slow and I get impatiant.

I use Windows at work and on a PC in my bedroom which runs MPLab and it's a pain at work and not too bad on my bedroom PC as it's only Win2k with no antivirus or other crapware and reuns reaonably quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back