Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NUD4001 & NUD4011 LED Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 4011 looks like an adjustable shunt regulator to me, such a low current is the dead giveaway ... keep in mind, the "other" led drivers with inductors and what-not are primarly designed for high-brightness leds, requiring 100's if not 1000's of mA to operate. Trying to regulate a 3 amp luxeon III array using a linear regulator is an exercise in pain ;)

the 4001 is just a lower voltage version, and the trade off is, it can handle more current ... paralleling devices is interesting. I bet the part still gets warm under a heavy load!

Last edited:
Thank you JustDIY :D
My load is a cluster of White LED x 24, Vf=3V, If=20mA with AC120V as Vin. Need to figure out a simplier way of driving these LEDs, never used NUD4xxxx before and try to avoid high component counts, ie. Buck-Topology if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back