Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NTC Thermistor noise disturbance

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnyKedougou

Hello, I am new in this community and I am glad to a membre.
Actually I am bloked since almost 1 mouth on a problem. Look at the circuit below
NTC thermistor_20210225.jpg

the NTC thermistor returns wrong values due to disturbance coming from nearby MOSFET. see below
Noise_from_Mosfet.jpg

I tried to create a filter by changing the C105 value to 200n or to add a 10k R to create a PI RC filter. But noise reduced but stay high.

Can please give some new ideas ?

Thanks

I tried to create a filter by changing the C105 value to 200n or to add a 10k R to create a PI RC filter. But noise reduced but stay high.
Is the filter close to the MOSFET input, where it should be?
Have you tried increasing the value of the capacitor?

Yes the CTN and RC very close to the Mosfet, the reason is to have better measure of the Mosfet heating.
increasing the C105 value was my first idea, but this reduce the noise just a little.

increasing the C105 value was my first idea, but this reduce the noise just a little.
What value did you use?
So what's limiting using an even larger capacitor?

Your circuit shows it having a ground remote to the MCU. If it wired like that, it could well be ground noise.

Try power and ground connections directly at the MCU, and no connections to anything else away from the MCU.

I have used 3 values: 10n, 222n (100+100+22n) and 400n (200+200n). In the final try, I added a 10k R and I have now a better result but not good yet :-I

I have used 3 values: 10n, 222n (100+100+22n) and 400n (200+200n). In the final try, I added a 10k R and I have now a better result but not good yet :-I
You can go a lot higher than that since the thermistor resistance changes slowly, so even a large RC value won't affect the measurement accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back