Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

npn fast switching transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redepoch7

I am using a 2n3904 transistor as a switch which is closing to activate a sound in a little toy drum stick. It is being triggered by a 555 timer.

I was wondering how fast a 2n3904 transistor can turn on to full off? The drum wont

What I mean is... does it take a small amount of time before it closes a connection? I notice that at higher speeds that it sometimes skips a trigger pulse.

Is there a way to improve the time it takes to open? Is there a better transistor to use?

I googled fast switching transistors and came up with the stsa1805... is that better or the same or worse?

Thanks for any help!

N

I would think the transistor isn't your problem, it's likely the toy. The toy is probably designed to ignore/debounce fast transitions and only respond to slow typical key presses.

The transistor responds in microseconds. You ear responds to milliseconds. It's not the transistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back