Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Now this would make a nice robot chassis, too bad it's $14,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could find a source for those little rubber tracks you could build one for far less then 14 grand....;)

I wonder how well it steers....... Or how the steering even works on it.
Hydrostatic drive would make it awsome to manuver;) Clutches wouldn't be as fun.

Gary Coleman is a perfect canidate for the tank driver :D

Attachments

• midget.jpeg
    midget.jpeg
    2 KB · Views: 284
That would be fun to make! Hmm... I think i found my next non-electronic project... The only hard part would be the tracks. :( I think it could be done with some old thrashing machine belt and some 2x4s.... maybe?

I was thinking of using an old hydrostatic lawnmower that i have sitting in my dad's shed. Steering would be interesting, though...

Steering would be pretty simple if you could independantly control 2 hydraulic motors. This is how modern skid steer loader and a myrid of other heavy equipment is steered. The ability to independantly vary the speed of the tracks, or to fully reverse one and go forward with the other is what gives a nice turn.

Older dozers, tanks, crawler cranes and even skid loaders used seperate steering clutches and brakes for each track.

If i ever got around to actually doing it, i would probably use the clutches, as it would be less hydraulics to worry about. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back