Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

now the edit option no longer available after a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi

I hope I have it correct. In the past I was able to edit my posts even after a period of month. The edits I made were like adding new information, adding new links, etc. which I or someone like me who stumbled onto that post could find useful. Could you please tell me the reason(s) for this change? I hope you don't mind telling me. Is there any chance that you would take back this change? Personally, it's affecting me a lot! Thank you.

Regards
PG

I've always noticed that my edit button goes away after a while. I just assumed that it was the forum policy for normal members to not edit after a certain period of time. Some forums leave the edit available forever, while others limit it to one day.

Thank you, Rogers, Steve.

Some forums leave the edit available forever...

It was the same here (at least I was able to make edits even after months) but it looks like things have changed now. Let's see if Jim or Eric can tell us something about this.

Regards
PG

Last edited:
Thank you, Rogers, Steve.

It was the same here (at least I was able to make edits even after months) but it looks like things have changed now. Let's see if Jim or Eric can tell us something about this.

Only the Administrator would know (moderators can edit at any time, which is why Ian hasn't noticed :D), but it makes great sense to impose a limit on editing a post, there's no reason you should want to edit it after a week, or more than a day really a forum is an historical record, and editing posts makes nonsense of it.

Edit option available for one week is pretty OK I think, after that it becomes stupid as most of the participants won't notice what has got edited. It will be noticed by only ones who are digging up old threads. Again it's a problem like if somebody tends to delete all his posts/contents after sometime.

Personally I like the post delete option available for one day, if any nonsense/accidental/unwanted posts made. Previously it was there now seems removed. Of course we can edit and remove the contents but the delete option is better than that I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back