Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Novice needs your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshFail

Hello all,

I'm working on a circuit and I need a square wave of controlled bursts that feeds into multiple output nodes, and these nodes need to be activated separately through logic. My obvious choice was to use two 555 astables to create the bursts and then feed them into transistors. The last layer of transistors would have the output wave format (amplified by its own transistor) fed through the collector, the emitter feeds into the node and the base is controlled through logic.

However, the obvious problem with this is that the flow of current through the base of the transistors in that last layer is shortening the square wave. Is there an easier solution to this problem? I'm seriously pulling my hair out and I'm dreading the possibility of having to build two dedicated astables for each node.

Thanks for any help, I've added an image of the rough layout I drafted just for reference.

Attachments

• 4j235g4.jpg
    4j235g4.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 146
It's not meant to, I'm simply using it as a logic switch. My question really is whether there's an easier way (or successful way) of doing this?

[QUOTEIt's not meant to, I'm simply using it as a logic switch. My question really is whether there's an easier way (or successful way) of doing this? ][/QUOTE]
Sure thats not a very good logic switch. How much current does it need to supply.

Last edited:
It would be better to switch it before the amplifiers either with a logic gate or another transistor to ground the base of Q1.

Okay that makes sense, I'll give it a go. If you don't hear from me then it means I got it working, thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back