Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Not sure: Simulation on software or to actual build it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowkb

Hi all,

currently doing a system for my project. to make story short, i need to show that my system will work by simulation purpose. My sup has also instructed me to simulate parts working alone before integration.

I have a few thoughts: or problems...

Im using protel or Pspice for my simulation. but because the chip i wish to simulate is not in the lib, i dun seems to be able to do anything. Im using chips like ADC - AD7468, Codec - MC145483. How am i supposed to do simulation then. can anyone guide me on how to move on? shd i solder the chip solution and observe the output as a form of simulation?

Please advise.......

lowkb said:
Hi all,

currently doing a system for my project. to make story short, i need to show that my system will work by simulation purpose. My sup has also instructed me to simulate parts working alone before integration.

I have a few thoughts: or problems...

Im using protel or Pspice for my simulation. but because the chip i wish to simulate is not in the lib, i dun seems to be able to do anything. Im using chips like ADC - AD7468, Codec - MC145483. How am i supposed to do simulation then. can anyone guide me on how to move on? shd i solder the chip solution and observe the output as a form of simulation?

Please advise.......

Something like that really ought to be built & tested. You will not be able to accurately model all of the finer details of those devices with current simulation technology - it will lead to false hope or terror.

These days, you can turn a proto board pretty quick & low cost. There might be other parts of the system that can be simulated but these too will need judgement.

U can never be absolutely sure with simulation results, actual response of circuit often varies, sometimes greatly.

Im aware of that too.... but still i would like to show some simulation results, so that i know how much is my dream actually deviated...

anyone knows how the simulation can be done.?

lowkb said:
Im aware of that too.... but still i would like to show some simulation results, so that i know how much is my dream actually deviated...

anyone knows how the simulation can be done.?

In this case, a much much better exercise would be to analyze your design and see how much the real circuit deviates from that instead.
You'll be much better prepared to fix problems that way.

If you go the simulation route, what you will find is that the real device doesn't perform the way the simulation shows. Reason: can't model the device good enough or it would take too much time. A corrolary to this would be that the simulation model matches the devices behavior at only very basic and simple functionality so why bother with the sim in such a simple exercise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back