Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Not filling in details from country of members

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODALCO

Hi, this is a great forum and do my fair share of helping others out with great enjoyment.
I maintain that an experience shared is more knowledge around for more members in this interesting subject.

It would be a good idea IMO that when new members subscribe, that the country they live in is entered as a mandatory field.

In case of existing members perhaps a prompt can be posted to them to include those details.

See what the webmaster thinks

This subject is raised alot around here, and unfortuantely many new members fail to see the significance of asking where they are from. Usually after they post a geographically sensitive question someone here will remind them that knowing where they are from would help, they get the point. I have pointed it out to new members many times, mostly they get it when explained.

There is also the language issue, people tend to be more tolerant of someones attempts at communicating if they know it is not their native tongue. The "leet" speakers I tend to ignore. Save it for your cellphone, or crackberry, LOL. ( that's a R.I.M. device, inside joke maybe? )

Maybe if there was some sort of explaination given beside the field on the sign-up form it would help? Along with making it mandatory.

Unfortunately some people will always choose to put some useless nonsense in the field.

Last edited:
A country list on the subscription form rather than a text field should solve that problem.

Good idea, dknguyen, even the standard Microsoft country pull-down list would be perfect. I wonder how many member would be from Afghanistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back