Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

not figuring this one out

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasergps

I have 12 volts going to the power supply of my pioneer amplifier but no 15 volts or 35-37 volts, what the heck. I don't even know where the probable point is. When I should be getting voltage of 15, 35-37 I get 0 so there is a direct short to ground. No burnt or blown up components. It is a GM-X862 which I don't have the proper schematic on and am not finding the proper components on the one that I had which was close, but not close enough. It is for a gm-x942\742/

So any ideas on this one and where to check would be extremely appreciated and thanks a lot in advance for the help.

What signal are you inputing and how are you measuring the output signal?

I am not inputtin any signal currently I am just trying to measure source voltages and am finding that I get power to the amp, but something has failed causing the amplifier part to not function. I have the ability to input any signal up to 10mhz and an o-scope to view them on. But just measuring voltages with a DMM.

It is a 190W per channel stereo amp or 380W into a single 4 ohm speaker when it is bridged, with a 14.4V supply. The power is less with less voltage.

It uses a DC to DC voltage step-up circuit to make positive and negative 37VDC from the 13.8V car battery.

The DC to DC converter circuit has failed.

Got it

Ok, here is what I found out one of my ouput transistors shorted out (which I was able to get the right schematic for the amplifier I am working on that made troubleshooting a lot easier). Which in turn caused my DC/DC converter to fail. I will order failed components swap them out and post results.

Once again I thank all you for your assisstance, without this forum and you guys I would of probably ended up hand tracing my schematic to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back