Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noobs guide to being a NOOB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brownout, not everyone that can post a few words of text and a video on the internet has a clue. In fact, 90+% of them are complete morons with other motives, or straight up lieing for kicks.

For those that don't know the distinction (and it's very important)
There are two types of new people.

Newbies, which are just people honestly willing to learn and explore knowledge constructively and for the benefit of both themselves and others. Often get clubbed over the top of the head by hardcore users.

Noobs... Are people that will never learn don't want to learn but will ask more questions than a child that just learned to talk.

There are shades of grey, and there are noobs that want to become newbs and newbs that will end up being noobs.... But that's complex =)

Sceadwan, I never made any such claim to people posting a few words of text. But when someone builds and demonstrates a product, then it is very clear to my eyes that the thing is working. I wouldn't reference any demonstration that didn't look for all the world to be real and correlated by many other independent demonstrations. So, your inference is of no relevance to what I'm writing about.

Last edited:
I think he may be referring to my #16 post.
I didn't put the correct level of sarcasm on it. What I was referring to was that there is sadly a fair amount of misinformation or incomplete information on wikipedia and that unfortunately many of the videos of the mysterious wonders shown on U Tube are in fact fakes or spoofs at best. :(

When I see a demonstration video on U Tube of an over unity device or similar system and there is an unexplained power cord or some plausible energy supplying system plainly on camera I consider it to be a fake.

Some of the real DIY video stuff is often surprisingly well done and shown even by some very armature camera operators though!:)

NOOBs guide to Engineering.

1st Year - English.
Learn the English language, this will be very important later.

2nd Year - Advanced English Skills.
Learn how every English word can be expressed with just 3 letters. This reduces your typing workload when asking questions on forums. Learn advanced speed-typing techniques like NOT using any punctuation keys (apart from that one necessary one).

3rd Year - Forum Skills.
Learn how you can ask a small lazy incomplete question and everyone will then rush around until they finally understand what you want, then they will do all your work for you.

4th Year - Bringing it all together.
First, wait until late November. Then post a question to the forum;
"plz hlp plz plz hlp wth fnl yr pjt!!! plz now hry hry no tme lft i nd cct sch n pcb n sftw fr pic now hry plz!! sir"

Congratulations! Now you are an Engineer!

lol thats funny RB i was just looking thru some the post's and and one the things that poped into my head was, why do people ask the night before an exam??? then panic!!
or maybe i am just getting OLDDDDDDDDD

Sceadwian , now you got me wondering wich group i belong too!! am i noob or a newbie or a noob wanting to be a newbie, or a newbie wishinto be a noob!!

Last edited:
For those that don't know the distinction (and it's very important)
There are two types of new people.

Newbies, which are just people honestly willing to learn and explore knowledge constructively and for the benefit of both themselves and others. Often get clubbed over the top of the head by hardcore users.

Noobs... Are people that will never learn don't want to learn but will ask more questions than a child that just learned to talk.

There are shades of grey, and there are noobs that want to become newbs and newbs that will end up being noobs.... But that's complex =)

Good to know I'm solidly in the gray area. I'm quite willing to learn what I have to but have no intention of learning any more electronics theory than is absolutely required for the project at hand. All I'm looking for are empirical results. I usually end up leaning far more than originally intended. sigh.

I'll most likely never progress nor regress to noob or newb.

If it makes them feel better, hardcore users are welcome to snipe away so long as I get a usable answer to my query.

well now i am 2 and a bit weeks into electronics i thought i would save other noods 2 1/2 weeks of noobness and share some of the most inportant things i have learnt so far ;)

SNIP

good luck fellow noobs and if you want to buy a good unused electron microscope pm me :D

Is it shiny?

Are there may chrome aftermarket attachments?

01sporty, a lot of people think you can do things like that with electronics, but it doesn't make any sense at all. Do you think that just any lay person can learn just enough about engine mechanics to increase the horsepower of their card dramatically without understanding engine dynamics and the overall system complexities involved? No one would ever think about doing such a thing, yet for some reason people think electronics are an exception to that complexity rule and figure you can get fantastic results with no effort or a wider understanding of the dynanmics and theory involved. You don't have to focus on all the details but you do have to understand as much as you can, the more you learn the easier it will be to do projects rather than relying on other people's knowledge and circuits to do the work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back