Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noob help, science fair project for my kiddo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen, I have one of those kitchen timers and I use it for a number of things. I use it as a countdown when I am exposing PCB's etch, or count up for checking capacity of batteries etc. I looked at the data sheets for AAA, AA, and N alkaline batteries and their discharge curves and estimated the discharge using the lamps for discharge. I understood the starter of this thread wanted a simple way to do it with radio shack parts.
As a side note a number of years ago I did compare 3 manufactures AA alkaline batteries for capacity. They were duracell, eveready and panasonic. The looser was panasonic. Duracell and eveready were esentially equal.

Here is a schematic of the circuit needed to log the test batteries voltage to a computer
It is all very simple for this project.
The switch and led are optional extras.
The voltage reg is needed to set a fixed reference for the ADC readings.
1 to 3 batteries can be tested at the same time.

Pete.

Attachments

• 08m Battery logger.JPG
    08m Battery logger.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back