Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noob and P16PRO40 programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

markland556

Well iv come upon http://www.winpicprog.co.uk..
Awsome site, i just bought all the stuff to make the boards that i want to mess with. Only one problem..
What programmer can i use, i have not found the P16PRO40 one anywhere. What else can i use that will still work with the tutorials. Im the kinda of guy that can follow directions, and once everthing changes im going to be lost. So if someone could point me to a programmer that will work with the same program and everthing i would rally appreciate it.

There are links to plans to build the P16PRO all over Nigel's site. Would you rather buy one? I do not know where you could, but the programmer looks really really simple to build. Easy enough it could be done on a universal breadboard.

At this point id much rather buy one.
edid: on second though i guess ill make it. Is there a parts list for it and where is the best place to buy these parts?

Last edited:
markland556 said:
At this point id much rather buy one.
edid: on second though i guess ill make it. Is there a parts list for it and where is the best place to buy these parts?

The parts are on the circuit diagram, there's no seperate parts list.

Well iv tried to find all the parts but im not so sure i have them all. I really still want to buy one. There has to be something out there that will work??
Will the one here: under buy kits work??

Ok, well i have this chip programmer that i got awhile ago. I was wondering if i can use it..
Its labled Atmel AVR and the modle number is STK200.
It looks to support alot of chips.

Heres a link:
https://www.dontronics.com/stk200.html

Attachments

• SSL10428.JPG
    SSL10428.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 245
ya, thats what i was thinking.. too bad... Im just gunna go with the origional plan.. I really wanna get started on these tutorials.

Markland. The STK programmers are for Atmel AVR chips. I built a P16PRO40 many years ago and it works great. That or build/buy an ICD2, which allows in circuit programming as well as in circuit debug on some PIC chips. Like the 16F88..

Then head for Nigel's tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back