Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

noob alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sss r1

first , hello guys i'm a noob :)
a bit of background :
i love sportbikes and electronics . know allot about motorcycle and general mechanics , some analog electronics , was making audio amplifiers and smps...
now want to enter the microcontroller world :p

i was searching the web and found this forum.plz help me where to start to learn the principles of mcu and programming.
i found lots of info on the net , but all of them start at the middle of things.
i know some basic programming from years ago , probably dont remember anything.
so i want to start really from scratch .
so , where to start? :p

thank! i'll look into it.
i think the first thing for me to do is to get a programmer and start experimenting , right?
i can see that there are lots of them , and there are different types of mcu's .
so if i buy a programmer for pic , it wont work for avr , right?
i want to good programmer that will allow me to program big pin packages in the future (for lcd drivers etc) , any suggested programmers? cost is not a concern.

Best advice I can give you is to do a lot of reading first.

Haunt this site for a while, reading everything that's posted pertaining to the subject(s) you are interested in. You'll find that in most cases your questions will be answered before you think of them.

After a bit of reading-research, then you'll be able to make a positive decision as to which way you want to proceed.

Gook luck.

I would pick up some idea books first, real basic stuff.

I read an interesting thread recently that uses a pic to regulate the voltage on the governor of motorcycles. It allows you to accelerate without the regulation of the governor. Kind of puts your two worlds together.
I just started programming pics a few months ago and yesterday I finally programmed a two channel IR system. I learned assembly because it was the simplest language in my opinion and it's the language in all the data sheets. However if you plan to program for money in the future it looks like higher level languages are the only way to go. Some professors won't even consider showing you assembly. This is the website that taught me how to start. **broken link removed** This site has been recomended to me several times so it's what I went with. Like Allvol said read read read, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back