Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Non Linear output over 40Hz LM2917 F/V Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNJ86

Hi

I'm having trouble with my LM2917 frequency to voltage converter circuit. The input into the chip is an AC sine wave signal from an anemometer. My output voltage is linear up to 40Hz but stops after this frequency. The output voltage from the chip is being fed into an ADC. Does anyone have any ideas what couFounld be causing it to become non linear after 40Hz?. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 939
Last edited:
Pin 3 is not the output. Pin 4 is supposed to be connected to pin 7, have a resistor to ground and used as the output.

Fixed it. I was using a polarized 2uF capacitor instead of a non-polarized capacitor as is shown in the circuit. When i replaced it the output voltage was linear over 40Hz.

Pin 3 is not the output. Pin 4 is supposed to be connected to pin 7, have a resistor to ground and used as the output.

Tried your suggestion out of curiosity and that worked fine too.
Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back