Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Non-Invasive Tank Level Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arduino Fio device you mentioned, it doesn't have wireless cpability on its own does it? Am i right in thinking it requires something like the xbee module to give it the wireless ability??
Thanks

That is correct.
I was thinking of a simple interface with the two way radio that has a external mic that has a PTT switch.
Use one of the digital outputs to key the radio up and one of the PWD pins to generate a audio tone.
and one of the Digital inputs to monitor the float switch. and use a simple audio tone pulse like one pulse per second for gen 1 and two pulses per second for gen #2 ext

This is really simple! Is the tank under pressure or does it vent to the atmosphere?
If vented like I suspect because the fuel is non-volatile fuel oil, just install a liquid pressure sensor on the pipe coming out of the bottom of the tank. The pressure will vary with the height of the contents in the tank.

If the tank is under pressure, mount a pressure sensor on the pipe coming out of the top of the tank also. Measure the differential pressure between top and bottom and get the same result.

Gravity is your friend. ;)

Or, if this is a power generator set for an outdoor concert, surely the event is important enough that you could afford to hire someone to babysit the genset and check the fuel level with a stick if necessary so that no problems arise.

Last edited:
Inserting pressure sensors, or checking it with a stick is an invasive solution Bob, he was quiet clear that it be non-invasive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back