Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

non contact thermometer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanoo none

Hello,
i am total amater regarding whole electronics thing, but i was wondering how difficult both skill wise and financially it is to build simple non contact thermometer circuit with little display.

I would like to instal a non contact sensor aiming at loudspeaker coil inside of a speaker box measuring its temperature few cm away, wired to a small display outside of the box. it doesn't need to be very accurate +- 2c or so.

could you please point me to right place? possible circuit, sensor display etc?

thank you

You could think about rolling your own IR Thermometer with the parts available and some building blocks. However, in my opinion, I doubt you could build a good working model for what it cost to simply buy one. You may have to hack a little to get an isolated display but I still see buying over building as a viable inexpensive solution. While I don't see it effecting your application when using these devices remember to consider emissivity. Also keep in mind using a IR Thermometer or for that matter other temperature sensors will give you the surface temperature of the voice coil and not the core temperature.

I can buy a IR Thermometer at my local home improvement store for about $30 USD, I can't build one that inexpensive.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back