Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia S60 v1 USB Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

antok.tm

Hi.

I really wants to make an USB Charger for old type nokia phone. Let say, 3660 or N-Gage for example.

I once tried to connect it directly (adding one diode) from PC's USB port to the phone's charger connector. But the phone won't charge and says 'not charging'. It probably the software of the phone refusing some voltage and/or current combination that the phone receives.

There is 2 type of charger that this phone can accept. One is nokia travel charger that provided 5,6 volts and the other one provides less than 5 volts (I'm not really sure about this one).

Does anyone can help me ?

USB only supplies 5V, and at a maximum of 100mA. Maybe that is to little for an easy and direct solution... What are you chargers rated at?

There are two types of charger :
1. 5,7 V 800mA
2. 3,7 V 355mA
Maybe using two USB ports could make things easier ?

The Nokia phones with USB ports don't charge thru these, you have to use the seperate charger socket. Well, this has been the case on all the Nokias I've worked on. You could make a USB to charger socket adaptor, Nokia sell them for outrageous amounts.

Super_voip said:
You could make a USB to charger socket adaptor

Yes, thats exactly what I mean. I want to convert the power supplied by an USB socket from a PC, to make it usable for charging the phone. (DC to DC conversion ?) By connecting it to the charger socket of course. Not the phone's USB socket.

And actually this kind of charger is already available from Nokia, but according to their website, it only works on newer phone model. If you already know the shape of this original charger, it probably only direct-connecting the USB port to the charger socket, which is I already tried to build by myself and not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back