Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia Phone's Battery (BL-5C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhi_yi

hi, does anyone have the specification for nokia phone battery (BL-5C)? I need to know about its pin configuration and its maximum current source.. Thanks

actually i've known its pin configuration, I want to use the battery to drive 2 servo motor, 6 line follower sensor, and an AVR microcontroller. does its current source supports my needs?

If I have a BR-5C nokia's phone battery, can I charge it using the charger for BL-5C?

I measured the voltage of BR-5C and it gave me 4.1V. and the BSI's pin give me 0V. I want to series two BR-5C so it can give me approximately 8.2V and I will connect it to 7805. may I series two BR-5C? is it dangerous? I heard a lot of news that nokia phone's battery is dangerous, and exploded many times.

Thanks..

Making series Li based batteries is not a good idea.Specially the phone battery
systems are equipped with a circuit that shuts down the system when the battery is discharged below the predefined threshold.The circuitry needs some advanced control system.Use high capacity NIMH cells instead.

Last edited:
The specs for the BL5C battery are:

3.7v
900mAh

The charger for the other battery should be ok, but I believe the batteries have a temperature sensor. You should include circuitry to stop charging if the battery is too hot. Also, you should be careful not to over-charge. Normally this protection circuitry would be included in the phone, not the charger.

You should be carefull of which Nokia batteries you use. I'm in South Africa and there was a recall of a specific battery. I cannot remember which one it was but it was a BL series battery. There was also a report in the newspaper obout a couple who were injured when this battery exploded whilst being charged. Check with Nokia! Rather be safe than sorry.

Yes, apart from that if you search in Google you cannot find any charging circuits for the phone batteries even you can find very few poor designs for the standard LI based batteries.Because for these Li based batteries you must care well & treat in a different way unlike NI or SLA based ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back