Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NOKIA CELL Charger HACK to 13.3V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi All:
I am posting this cuz I wanted a cheap trickle charger. (like $3 -$5) for a new charger, or free as everybody seems to have these laying around.

In this case I am using a Nokia AC 3u travel charger as sold on Ebay /Amazon etc...made in China.

Changing a single resistor from abt 2.7K to 1.7K did the job. The output stage of the charger is limited by a 16V smoothing cap. You can always change to a 25V cap if u need 15V out or so. If you want a variable voltage supply I'd slap in a 1.5K in series with a 1K pot. This should range from around 7V thru 15V.

DIY risk..as this is a 120VAC device...so screwing up the soldering or mis installing the board (hard to do as the case is slotted) can cause poof!

Have a look at the pic for details. BTW the case screws are tripoint..so u need a small flat blade that is a close fit or else you can't open it.
NOKIA (China) AC-3U HACK.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back