Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise reduction IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilbee

>dear all

I had put together a simple detection system using an optical incremental encoder system, the output is a voltage signal which corresponds to the displacement.

however, after some studying at this output signal I found the noise to be higher than I wanted. It is currently at 50mV and I wanted it to get down to 5mV. As I need to sample this voltage and process it in a PC and the DAQ card has a resolution of 8mV.
The voltage singal (not including the noise) is not going to be changing at a rate higher than 20kHz.

Are there any processing chip I can readily buy, which will attenuate this noise level?

Many thanks first for any help :lol:
wil

You need to give a lot more details - filtering could reduce the noise, but only if the noise is in a different part of the spectrum to the signal.

Have you tried to reduce the noise at the source?, where is the noise actually coming from?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back