Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise problem in 6N136 output connected to IGBT driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanks765

Hi,

I have connected the output of optocoupler 6N136 to gate driver SKHI 22BR. The attached figure shows the 6N136 circuit and input(Ch1) and output(Ch2) waveforms. The output contains lots of noise which is affecting my IGBT operation.

If I don't connect the output to SKHI 22BR, I don't see any noise. Please help me ASAP.

Thanks and regards. 6n136.PNG

hi,
What is the output voltage of the SKHI.?

The 6N136 requires about 16mA for reliable operation.

E.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. SKHI has a high output of +15V and low output of -7V.
16mA you are specifying is from power supply to pin8?

Thanks

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. SKHI has a high output of +15V and low output of -7V.
16mA you are specifying is from power supply to pin8?

Thanks

hi,
No, its the emitter diode current.

BTW: the reverse breakdown voltage of 6N136 is only 5V.

Hi Shanks765!

Did you solved your noise problems with SKHI 22BR driver?

I have a similar problem with my setup. I'm driving a full bridge single phase IGBT bridge with SKHI 22BR drivers. With a DC link below 100V, there are no noise problems with the PWM output pulses of the driver. The noise problem becomes serious above 100V. I'm using a TMSF28069 microprocessor and a pre-driver circuit to feed the SKHI22BR input. By measuring the input signal of the driver with voltages above 100V, there are a lot of high frequency components. The noise in the pulse signals above 100Vdc trigger the drive incorrectly, causing distortion in the output waveform.

has anyone ever experienced this issue?

Thanks for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back