Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

noise cancelling circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

hello!
my sound card(actually integrated on the main board) has quite high noise.
my speakers have noise cancelling circuit....but the headphones and wireless headphones...don't.
so is there a solution so that i can reduce the noise?
it would be good if the circuit doesn't need external power suply.
i searched the net, but only found noise cancelling headphones.
can any onehelp?
thanks!

Hi,
what You need is called a 'noise gate'. It is used to mute a signal that is below an adjustable threshold. I don't know how to make one, but 'noise gate' may help You with further search.
regards
joachim

hm, i am not sure that is what i want.
the idea is that if i connect the headphones directly to the computer i hear a noise. the noise doesn't dissappear when the music plays or something else.
i can't hear the same noise in my speakers, because they say that they have noise cancelling circuit.
so...i want to build something similar for my headphones.....

bogdanfirst said:
hm, i am not sure that is what i want.
the idea is that if i connect the headphones directly to the computer i hear a noise. the noise doesn't dissappear when the music plays or something else.
i can't hear the same noise in my speakers, because they say that they have noise cancelling circuit.
so...i want to build something similar for my headphones.....

I would sugest it's more likely that the lead to the headphone socket is picking noise up.

nope, i don't think so.
how much can 1.5 meters of wire pick up? they are not active headphones. just simple 32 ohm headphones.
so what do you think i should do?

bogdanfirst said:
nope, i don't think so.
how much can 1.5 meters of wire pick up? they are not active headphones. just simple 32 ohm headphones.
so what do you think i should do?

Are you plugging them into the same socket on the PC as the speakers?, or is it a seperate socket? (which was the impression I got).

a lot of PC speakers have a headphone socket at the back.
If you try them there,
you could see if the noise is still there.

or maybe you could try the headphone socket
on the front of the CD player,
but that limits you to CDs ....
although it should sound clean.

Re: Noise in headphones

Your speakers have a noise-cancelling circuit?
What did they do, leave out the tweeters?

Try connecting the headphones in series with 180 ohms resistors, for each channel, like stereo amps do, instead of your speaker connections.

hm....
well, i used reistors for headphones, but they were 160 ohm. don't think it is much difference.
anyway...thanks for the advice...
i'll see what i can do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back