Node Voltage Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanHatch

Hello,

I'm supposed to perform node voltage analysis on this circuit, I don't happen to have an image of it now (maybe later) but I shouldn't need one anyway. The circuit has 4 nodes, and between 2 of the nodes there is a voltage source (nothing else). The vs isn't in series with a resistor so I can't source transform it, so I used another method we learned where I make the node nearest the positve side of the vs equal to vs, and the other node equal to zero. Did I do this right? and if so, Should I solve for the other 3 nodes? (all except the one I made vs) Or should I use the 0V as the reference node and solve for the other 3(even though I know 1 is already 4v???)?

Yeah this is pretty long I'll try to get an image up later.

ooo...the 'super node' problem. I cant really remember how you do it.

I used another method we learned where I make the node nearest the positve side of the vs equal to vs, and the other node equal to zero.
So you are changing your ground reference point? I dont remember learning anything about that.

Cant you just make an equation out of it. ( say the - side of the VS is connected to node B and the + is connected to node A)
Then you can just say that VB+VS=VA...(which is also says that VS=Va-VB which sounds right).
That then can be used as 1 of your 4 equations.

Hmm, Ill give it a whirl. I've attached a picture now:

Attachments

• circuit_194.gif
    67.5 KB · Views: 303
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…