Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No RCA shield connect.. what issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-3-2-4

I'm following someone else that has used a Logitech Z680 sub as a stand-alone.. long story short I omitted the shield connection and just used to main pin, it's being connected to a Denon AVR-1612 receiver to the subwoofer output.

I was wondering if anything odd (audio wise) would happen without the shield connection in place?

I'm going to guess it's not going to work.. so let me ask this.. for the RCA cable what would you tie the shield cable to for the ground?

Attachments

• DSC00530.JPG
    DSC00530.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 147
  • DSC00531.JPG
    DSC00531.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Ended up blowing a tda7293 chip.. long story short I wanted to use the sub as a stand alone without the control pod and I followed this.

If any people are (like I was) looking for a way to use the amplifier with out the control pod heres my little guide..

1. Take the amplifer off the subwoofer. (I needed to cut some wires here to get it off enough)

2. Take off the back plate (lots of screws to undo here including some with bolts on the other side)

3. Take off the panel on the rear side which has the plug to the control panel. (once you've removed the bolts it just pulls off)

4. Now using the pin labels that you will find on the panel that you pulled off identify the VREGDD, MUTE AMP and STANDBY AMP pins (they are all in a line), use some single core wire to connect mute and standby to the vregdd (or put switches on) This will allow the amp to be turned on with out the control pod being attached.

5. connect the inputs (eg RF AMP etc) to some sort of connectors ie 3mm or coax connections.

And Thats it, make sure if you cut any wires to ease the amp off you fix them back up and cover with electrical tape

Now the amp can be turned on/off by the switch on the back or if you put switches on the STANDBY AMP Wire. One thing to note though is that the Amp now has no Pre-Amp which means no onbard volume control or crossovers so make sure you turn the volume right down on the source before you plug it in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back