Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No power a home theater doesn’t power can someone tell me if this fuse can be the culprit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ic3cold

BB953536-2CA3-4414-BFDB-D6A797A33A36.jpeg CEBF0046-A4E6-4836-AC7B-6704F72EEAE0.jpeg BC93BC9E-D1F6-4A9A-98F6-9594B08F4DA2.jpeg I have an OEM Home Theater branded Punktal it has a pga circuit and some smt logic too.
My problen is I’m noot sure if the fuse can be blown as it’s soldered to the board. It’s not powering up so it might be the cause.

It looks like you have a multimeter, so check the fuse - although from the picture it doesn't look to have blown (as far as I can tell visually, from a poor picture).

It looks like you have a multimeter, so check the fuse - although from the picture it doesn't look to have blown (as far as I can tell visually, from a poor picture).
Sorry for the picture I'll try to get a better one .. but my impression was too that the fuse looked fine. However is there a way to measure it up on board, or do I have to take it out?

Sorry for the picture I'll try to get a better one .. but my impression was too that the fuse looked fine. However is there a way to measure it up on board, or do I have to take it out?

If you measure the resistance across it, it should be very close to zero.

Try measuring the resistance across the leads of some of the larger capcitors near the power supply. Do any of those read zero? They probably shouldn't.

If it's safe to power it up then you can check for a voltage across the fuse. Not sure if AC or DC.

Edit, a voltage would indicate it is blown.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back