No more boxes! Organized PIC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

Well today I took on the massive endeavour of organizing my huge collection of PIC's. They are mostly 18F series chips:
18F1320
18F1330
18F2525
18F2550
18F452
18F4620
16F877A
16F877 ICD2 for the inchwom (I programmed a 877A for mine)
And some digital pots.

I have a total of about 50+ PIC's total, not to mention the ones I sent to 3v0 (all 16F's).

I was getting tired of looking through boxes and boxes to find a mcu, so I finally organized them into a single container.

Pictures and more details later, I am tired

I have a total of about 50+ PIC's total, not to mention the ones I sent to 3v0 (all 16F's).

I was getting tired of looking through boxes and boxes to find a mcu, so I finally organized them into a single container.
A couple weeks ago I took a couple evenings and built a spreadsheet and typed in every chip and sensor I have, with how many, package type, manufacturer and such. And, while I was typing, I organized them properly so I could actually find them later.

I was just so sick of digging through them all trying to find that one chip I thought I remembered buying, but actually hadn't. Or digging and finding cool things I had no idea I even owned. Now I can look it up first and see whether it's worth digging through the IC drawer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…