Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No color on a Sony CRT KV-M1400D

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatron

Hi everybody
I have the following problem. I see only black and white from tuner and all the other inputs but the OSD (menu etc) is in color. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

It's the trimming capacitor across the sub-carrier crystal, you will notice it has a crosshead cast aluminium adjuster, these types are crap and fail all the time. Replace it with a better quality one and adjust it till it's correct.

By just 'tweaking' the old cap it will probably work temporarily, but will go off again.

thanks Nigel

I found it and it happened as you said. The old cap works now. I will try to find a new one. Do you know how are these coded?

thanks Nigel

I found it and it happened as you said. The old cap works now. I will try to find a new one. Do you know how are these coded?

You just need a trimmer cap, something like 5pF-25pF, they will usually have two connections (the original has three, but two are joined together).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back