Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Night vision using infra red LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS84

can anyone tell me how to drive 20 infra red LEDs for night vision system.are there any need of driver circuit for infra red LED's?

Please help me as soon as possible......... Thank you

Nothing special needed for IR LEDs, just drive them like visible-light LEDs. That is, using current-limiting resistors.

How you hook them up will largely be determined by the supply voltage you have available.

Torben

5 leds with 100k down to 33k resistors work for me on 9 to 15Volts ,bit hot on 15 and PP on 9
Put themin any shape you want but you must parellel the 5 plus resistor all the way.

Once made one for the back window of the car with a finger salute .

Hi TS84,

for optimum target illumination I recommend Vishay TSAL6400 IR emitters.

They have a forward voltage of 1.35 to 1.6V and a forward current of 100mA (940nm).

Depending on your power supply you might use two LM317T wired as constant current sources to supply two clusters of 10 LEDs (in series) without the need of further current limiting resistors. (The power supply should provide at least 20VDC at 1.2A for 10 LEDs).

Boncuk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back