Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Night Vision Goggle project: Circuit Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogbrow

hi all! I'm AJ and I need help with my first electrical project: night vision goggles! I have been meaning to make these bad boys for a long while and now I'm finally ready to start, so lets get down to business.

I have researched the matter and have found that cheap night vision will be a pair of old viewfinders from dated camcorders wired to twin ultra low-lux, black-and white cameras complete with a fixation of a number of inferred LED's. Because inferred light lies in a certain spectrum of light, it is invisible to the human eye -but not the camera's! Because the device is essentially a pair of "camera glasses", the invisible light emitted from the device illuminates your surroundings and thus, night vision is created.

Now that you know the concept I'm going for, please help me wire it all up! I am trying to power one camera and viewfinder with a single 9v battery, then pair it to a twin circuit, (consisting of the other cam and viewfinder, powered by another 9v) with a switch to toggle both circuits on or off simultaneously.

This being my first electronic project, I need help figuring out if the power sources are sufficient or too much, how to add resistors if needed or if I even need them at all.

Thanks,
-AJ

Last edited:
i may be way off here but.. a while back i used several very very cheap web cams from argos (about £5 each) in my barn for night vision, i took the little red filters out of the cams and hooked up to a pc wich sends the picture via my network to the home pc for viewing.
what i am wondering is maybe it would be easier to get a cheap webcam take the filter out (easy) and somehow connect to a cheap second hand ipaq or something like, that would give you night vison cheaply with a hand help pc. i am not sure if you can get a webcam to work with a pda but if you can then the whole thing shouldnt cost more than £15

i am not sure if you can get a webcam to work with a pda but if you can then the whole thing shouldnt cost more than £15

congrats! you guessed my next project: a snake cam! I just started researching about it last night and I'll be sure to make an additional thread for it if I run into trouble. I'm shooting for a headset, but thanks for the input.

Please, if anyone can help me figure out how to wire it all up, I would be very thankful; I would like to see concrete plans before I start buying parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back