Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Niggardly or what!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zesla

Hello Guys,

How much of money an electronics forum (an unknown and of course an almost well known) can profit a year?
I was a member of another forum for more than 8 years. The webmaster didn't like to pay anymoney for the forum so that upgrade it! I had no idea why he aimed to create that forum but I guess he could simply ask the guys to support the forum and hence he was able to modify the forum and make it more stable, more dynamic and of course user friendly. After yeras As I know several guys told him to do so, but he said that he is not able to do so due to financial problems!
Now I want to back to this forum instead but anyway I want to know the repond to the question.

Zesla

I have no comment on the managment of a forum, but I learned something about the word "Niggardly".

I have no comment on the managment of a forum, but I learned something about the word "Niggardly".

Me too :eek: I have once again learned stuff here over and above Electronics. Interesting read on Wiki.

Thanks for sharing Mike ;)

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hello there,

I dont like words like this because they are too easily confused with other obvious morphs of the word and people who dont carry a dictionary around with them will easily confuse them with other more objectionable words. So my basic view here is it is better to stay away from those kinds of words even though they are unrelated directly to the more objectionable words.

Hello there,

I dont like words like this because they are too easily confused with other obvious morphs of the word and people who dont carry a dictionary around with them will easily confuse them with other more objectionable words. So my basic view here is it is better to stay away from those kinds of words even though they are unrelated directly to the more objectionable words.

Correct MrAl...still thought provoking though....It is a complicated world. The only way to make complicated problems easy to solve is to break them down into solvable parts. One at a time. You should know. You always think things through properly before you attempt stuff.....you have a basic idea of what will happen when you push that RED button marked EXPLODE in 5 Seconds. Others think differently.

Bang, all is not gone. No try again. Am I making sense?

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hello again tvtech,

Yes, the world has gotten more complex, really a lot more so than even 10 years ago. For one thing, the world has gotten less financially stable, and that hurts almost everyone. We can only hope for the best because it's so hard to do anything about the biggest problems we have here on earth. And we have to depend on government to do the right thing even when we have almost no say in it most of the time.

Hello Guys,

Well I even do not know what you are talking about! The term "Niggardly" was given to me by my dictionary (English is not my native lang). Here's the meaning of it according to my dic:
niggardly['nig·gard·ly || 'nɪgərdlɪ]
adv. in a stingy or cheap manner

niggardly
Adjective
1. petty in giving or spending; "a niggardly tip"
(synonym) grudging, scrimy
(similar) stingy, ungenerous

Zesla,

Did you click on my link?

Deleted my post. Better that way. I have spoken enough here already.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Did you click on my link?
Yes I did, and found it quite enlightening.

I have been familiar with the word niggardly for 50+ years.
It is not a word which I would use everyday and I cannot remember when I last saw it used.
It is one of those words which sounds like a line from a 1920s novel depicting middle class English society:

" I say old chap, he seems to be a rather niggardly fellow don't you know!"

Something like that.

In American (and British) society, there has developed a culture of finding offence where ever possible, usually on the part of those people with limited education.

Returning to the original post in this thread, what point are you trying to make?

What has the parsimonious* attitude of the owner of some other discussion board to do with ETO?

JimB

* another little known but useful English word.

Hi Jim

Parsimonious is a really big word. Learning all about it now.

Many thanks,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back