Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nigel's PIC Tutorial - Main 1 Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, just one comment...
P6 and P7, if you had combined them into one 3 pin header with the resistor/LED to the centre pin, there would be no danger of connecting +ve and RB7 both at once.

JimB

Looks good, just one comment...
P6 and P7, if you had combined them into one 3 pin header with the resistor/LED to the centre pin, there would be no danger of connecting +ve and RB7 both at once.

JimB

Had I known that at the time, would have implemented that. Good idea.

Les

Great board but I would worry the switch would put strain on the board eventually. But WTF do I know :D

You obviously know quite a bit, that was very good insight on your part, and definitely thinking like an Engineer. Even if you were wrong about the pressure put on the switch, your thinking process was sound and reasonable. I'm impressed. :cool:

Thanks Mike

Here is a link that will save you some digging. Some ready made 3D library parts http://smisioto.no-ip.org/elettronica/kicad/kicad-en.htm

Thanks Brotha, I downloaded KiCad but have yet to install, so are there any libraries supplied with the download, or must you make, beg, borrow, or steal all your symbols?

I have a 3D program that I can use for the PCB symbols, and I do not imagine it difficult to make symbols, I have made hundreds of parts for MultiSim.

In Kicad there are many common default symbols and footprints, but it is very simple to take any existing symbol or footprint, modify and save.
Or create your own.
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back