Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nigel's IR Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefer3

I have just finished the tutorial and I got to say, "what a great site Nigel!". I have one question about the IR tutorial. Can this circuit be amplified? The reason I ask is that I have an "All For One" remote and when I point this remote anywhere in my room, I can change the channel. But with Nigel's remote, I have to point this remote straight at the TV. It is a great circuit but I wish it had more power.

Any help?

Thanks

Beefer3 said:
I have just finished the tutorial and I got to say, "what a great site Nigel!". I have one question about the IR tutorial. Can this circuit be amplified? The reason I ask is that I have an "All For One" remote and when I point this remote anywhere in my room, I can change the channel. But with Nigel's remote, I have to point this remote straight at the TV. It is a great circuit but I wish it had more power.

You could increase the LED current by reducing the value of the current limiting resistor - but it already works over 10m away. It could be the IR LED's you are using, you can get them with different beam widths, your's may be very narrow beam, and the OFA's very wide.

I have a quick question, what wave length is good to use for IR apps? I have some that are 935nm but i'm not really sure what the standard is or what the remote he was talking about might be using.

vaineo said:
I have a quick question, what wave length is good to use for IR apps? I have some that are 935nm but i'm not really sure what the standard is or what the remote he was talking about might be using.

The ones listed as intended for IR remote control are usually 940-950nm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back