Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nigel's IR Tutorial 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefer3

Nigel
In the past I have asked you about the IR tutorial. My question was "How do I produce more power from the IR". I have built your tutorial with success. The IR works only when I point in the proximity of the TV. My project is on top of the TV and cannot point directly at the TV itself. The only way to use the IR is to take the project down and set it in fron of the TV.

I have been able to live with this for a while but I would like to "boost" the power some how so that I do not have to keep moving the project from the TV to in front of the TV. I would like to leave it on top of the TV.

So, my question is, if I change the duty cycle of your code, will it help with boosting the signal?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Beefer3 said:
Nigel
In the past I have asked you about the IR tutorial. My question was "How do I produce more power from the IR". I have built your tutorial with success. The IR works only when I point in the proximity of the TV. My project is on top of the TV and cannot point directly at the TV itself. The only way to use the IR is to take the project down and set it in fron of the TV.

I have been able to live with this for a while but I would like to "boost" the power some how so that I do not have to keep moving the project from the TV to in front of the TV. I would like to leave it on top of the TV.

So, my question is, if I change the duty cycle of your code, will it help with boosting the signal?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

It might help a little bit, but I suspect not enough - you could add more transistor drivers and extra LED's - this would increase the power considerably. However, your problem (as you know) is that you are pointing away from the TV and relying on the IR being reflected back off something - you could try adding a decent reflector at the correct angle, a mirror is the obvious choice!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back