Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nigel Goodwin tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan76

Currently I am working on buying the parts to start the tutorials. (1)I was wondering If anyone could recommend a site for buying cheap boards? (2) Are the tutorials up to date? Thanks!

There are no 'boards' they just use veroboard/stripboard - they are fairly up to date as far as 16F series devices go. But in any case, they are still VERY relevent.

Nigel Goodwin said:
There are no 'boards' they just use veroboard/stripboard - they are fairly up to date as far as 16F series devices go. But in any case, they are still VERY relevent.

I guess what I meant to ask was, do you know any good places to buy cheap veroboard/stripboards? Thanks!

Bryan76 said:
Thanks for the link. Seems Im not the only one having probs finding affordable proto boards.

If you had your location filled in perhaps people could make more specific suggestions?, but veroboard is freely available almost anywhere in the UK - Maplins, RS Components etc.

I have designed a board for the project on Nigel's site and will be etching it as soon as possible.

I have actually spilt it up in to three boards, one for the power supply (I've decided to incorperate a transfromer), the second for the transistors and 7405 and the third will contain the LEDs and ZIF socket which will be mounted through holes cut in to the box.

Hero999 said:
I have designed a board for the project on Nigel's site and will be etching it as soon as possible.

I have actually spilt it up in to three boards, one for the power supply (I've decided to incorperate a transfromer), the second for the transistors and 7405 and the third will contain the LEDs and ZIF socket which will be mounted through holes cut in to the box.

Presumably you're talking about the P16PRO40 programmer?, and NOT the tutorials?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
If you had your location filled in perhaps people could make more specific suggestions?, but veroboard is freely available almost anywhere in the UK - Maplins, RS Components etc.

Location = Texas

Nigel Goodwin said:
Presumably you're talking about the P16PRO40 programmer?
Yes.

I decided to make three boards rather than just the one to make it easier to put in a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back