Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

niebee, hooking up a lcd sceen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madrogers

Good day , I am very ileterant about home electronics but am a mechnic with bad spelling, what i am trying to do is hook up a small remote temp screen, what i have is a 12 volt temp sensor unit from a car with a soldered in lcd?? screen ( like what is on a digital clock) about 1"x 1/2". i just what to mount the screen in the dash , can i solder wires on to the back of the org screen connections and connet them to a second screen i have ( the same type) and use it or do I have to remove the first screen. (not enought power to work both ?)
Thank you, Mark

It would most likely work and that's the firmest answer you'll get without a picture or part number. ;)
Does the LCD have a backlight? That would be the thing which draws the most amount of power and would most likely need to be disconnected on the unused LCD.

Last edited:
No , does not have a back light, the numbers dim after i hook up the power, i belive there is a sensor on the face that reads outside light and adjustes the numbers from bright to dim.
thanks for the reply.
Mark, in western Canada.

Then it is not a LCD, but a LED display. You'll need to disconnect the old display if you want the new one to be just as bright. You should also remote the sensor so it also works properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back