Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ni-CAD battery questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrz126

My cordless drill batteries finally crapped out on me. The battery charger says they are defective. I measured them with a voltmeter and it read 0.000 V. I measured the resistance and I think it was somewhere around 1-5 ohms, I cant remember exactly.
I've been reading up on possibly fixing them by giving them a big slug of current, but will that work on a battery that is reading 0V?

My cordless drill batteries finally crapped out on me. The battery charger says they are defective. I measured them with a voltmeter and it read 0.000 V. I measured the resistance and I think it was somewhere around 1-5 ohms, I cant remember exactly.
I've been reading up on possibly fixing them by giving them a big slug of current, but will that work on a battery that is reading 0V?
I have zapped shorted old Ni-Cads but the shorting problem soon returned.
They are old, very toxic and obsolete. Replace them with new Ni-MH cells and hand the Ni-Cads to a hazardous waste disposal facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back