Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newby project idea for HND main project help and advice needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiganwez

hi all this is my first post.i have just started my HND and have been asked to design a project of my choice. i love sound quality and music so want to build an amplifier/ ipod dock.basically i want to know are my thaughts to ambitious for a first amplifier project. i would like the dock to charge the ipod and input the signal through the usual ipod dock 30 pin method. the speakers will be a seprate project once the amplifier is built

the amplifier design i have been looking at is below

**broken link removed**

60-100 watts but i dont belive it is stereo sound just a mono. (maybe wrong)

another one is

**broken link removed**

if im way out please tell me would love for you to sugest a more appropriate amplifier. main thing is i am looking for top sound quality and efficiancy and would love to incorporate an ipod charge and play system just like commercial ipod docks.a bonus would be the inclusion of a graphic equalizer.maybe i am asking for to much but there all just ideas.very eager and excited to learn and start this project over the next 10 months.

any thaughts or ideas much appriciated?

thanks for looking and taking the time to read through my problem.

Use a chip amp. There are some forms dedicated to audio that may be helpfull.

Use a chip amp. There are some forms dedicated to audio that may be helpfull.

thanks for the reply, just been looking at a few chip amps but they are modular kit form.unfortunatly that is not allowed.has to be designed from componant level upwards.is there a reason why you chose chip amps.this could be a big thread lol i have alot to learn about amplifiers. what do you think of the two above chosen designs.

thanks again :)

ps is this a chipamp? uses a lm3876

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
The only one that isn't a chip amp is the first one posted. I'm no expert but it looks pretty good. You would need 2 for stereo.

The only one that isn't a chip amp is the first one posted. I'm no expert but it looks pretty good. You would need 2 for stereo.

thanks for the reply. with the first one my idea is to build two amps the same and run the right channel from the ipod to ne amp and the left channel to the other amp giving me stereo sound.all this is in theory anyway. would that work realisticly?

thanks

It runs off +35 and -35 volts.
The chip amps can run off batterys.
Andy

It runs off +35 and -35 volts.
The chip amps can run off batterys.
Andy

hi andy

ok so from the amplifiers shown im thinking of 2 mains regulated power supplys,running 2 amplifiers one for left and one for right channel and the input will be from rca input or a docked ipod.am i missing anything?

and from the 3 shown above which would you guys choose? just found another il show it below looks alot of work but it has plenty of backup and construction notes

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/09/ckt.pdf

thanks

wez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back