Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newby ask for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fratello

Hi !
I am a newby in this world of MCU's. I made the thermometer with Nokia 3310 display and DS1820; works great ! I wonder if somebody has building something similar, but using two temperature sensors, for In and Out ? I have some N3310 displays amd Ericsson A2628 displays and I think to use them in another project...Thanks in advance for every reply. All the best !

if im not mistaken.. the DS1820 is a 1wire device. There is a command that you can send, that will get the 64bit address code from each 1wire device you have. Since you know how to work one device, all you have to do is address each device individually with its correct address, and then get the information from it...

With one device, you can bypass the whole addressing since there would be no collisions occuring between multiple 1wire devices...

have a look at the data sheet...
or...if someone has the datasheet with them right now, they might post something a bit more useful

tresca is correct. The 1 wire devices live on a 1 wire network. The microcontroller acts as the 1 wire bus master and needs to run code the implements it.

I use and like 1 wire networks. But maybe for a first project they are too complex.

There are temperature sensor that output an analog voltage that is proportional to the temperature. To use them you only need to read an analog input and do some math. Much less complex then using a 1 wire network.

3v0

At my suggestion, mr.Bergthaller Iulian-Alexandru has created this great thermo ! **broken link removed**
Enjoy !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back