Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

newbieeee question about PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

philipsi

heloo.i am new to PIC microcontroller.i hope i can get support here.
in the PIC,there is a pin called MCRL.what is the function of this pin.normally it is brought high.if i momentarily bring it low,what is the effect?does it affect the code that i downloaded into the chip?

MCLR is the PIC's master reset. You pull this line up though a high value resitor, like 10k or higher to +5v. If you put this line to ground it will rest the micro. ie. it will go to the start of you program again. If you keep this line on ground you controller will not work. has to be high to start running the code.

that means if the program is executing on the half way and i suddenly pull down the MCLR pin, the program will jump to the beginnening and re-execute again?
if i do like this, will the program inside being erased?

if on the midway i suddenly cut the power suppllied to the PIC and reconnect again, the program will start from beginning again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back