Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

newbie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghoattriple

:? I have a breadboard and ive been learning olot abought electronics
over the years.I like radiowaves and lagic gates.I would love to decode some waves if i ever figer anything out.I feel like i understand the chip's
how they work and etc...Butt there is a wall stoping me from going further,i dont no how to determain what resitor's to use and etc...

i tried the R=V/I <----i might have that wrong...Butt i did try it the correct ways and i couldent get anything to come out right.like i have 5=v,
r=? and I=2volts<---thats the volts i want to get from the 5 v power supply.the math i have tried and couldent determin what resister to use to get I=2.00
this is just wall ill get around sooner or later.Butt what ill ask you nice ppl to help me with next?????I just duno..But thanks to all.

You have R=V/I right, but your problem is you're plugging 2 volts into I. I stands for current, V stands for volts :) .

If you like radio n stuff, lemme save u a HUGE amount of frustration. DO NOT TRY RADIO CIRCUITS ON YOUR BREADBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless the're low frequency. I tried doing 88-108 MHZ, and it never worked. The reason for this is stray capacitance. I must have struggled with that for a YEAR!! Then I found this forum. U probly already knew that, but cant hurt 2 make sure

Well Thanks for the reply.I didt explain myself right sorry bought that...
on the I=2volt i wasent pluggin nothin in i was trying to get 2 volts to come out.And ya also said something abought stray capacitors?I am very new to this and i am tring everything on my board,This may be a mistake i assume,Please continue?

You can't be a newbie, you can spell :p
ghoattriple said:
Well Thanks for the reply.I didt explain myself right sorry bought that...
on the I=2volt i wasent pluggin nothin in i was trying to get 2 volts to come out.And ya also said something abought stray capacitors?I am very new to this and i am tring everything on my board,This may be a mistake i assume,Please continue?
Depends on what you're doing with the breadboard. For low-frequency stuff like just playing with resistors, they're great. They're also very good for digital circuits, which ignore noise unless it's so heavy to be intolerable. But you can't build an FM radio on one.

The reason is stray capacitance. Imagine you have a perfect breadboard with none of these problems. In order to get this ideal breadboard to act like the one you have, you'd have to connect all the busses to each other with small capacitors. These capacitors allow signals to leak from pin to pin, and the faster the signals, the more they leak.

As for playing with Ohm's Law, I suspect you're not building the circuit properly but can't tell without seeing what you have built. Would it be possible for you to put up a diagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back