Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie with "Verify Failed at address 0000h" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefer3

Newbie here. :shock:

I have built the JDM type programmer at
**broken link removed** and I am using IC-Prog with Win2000. I have downloaded and installed the Win2000 XP Drivers in the options area for the IC-Prog.

I have checked and rechecked and check once more the schematic above and it is built properly.

Everytime I try to program a 16F84A device I get the treaded "Verify Failed" error. I have verified that I have +13 Volts on MCLR and do not have a diode in backwards or the chip turned around (thanks Thunder_Scream!!)

Can someone help me please. I find this PIC programming very interesting and would love to get started. Following is my code. It is nothing more than flashing an LED (if it ever works :cry: )

Thank you in advance!
Beefer3

Have you checked the settings in Ic-Prog?

Verify after programming

Direct I/O........ Not api although I'm not sure on this one with you using Win2k

That you are using a JDM programmer on the correct com port....although if you are getting 13v on pin4 then it would appear to be right.....

Chippie
I have "Verify after Programming" checked. I haved tried both ways Direct I/O and Win API. I do have the correct com port as you mentioned.

I tried my JDM-like programmer on a Win98 box at work and it writes, verifies and reads OK but why not on my Win2000 box at home :x .

So close, yet so far away.

Obviously it has to do with the operating system. Correct?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

"Obviously it has to do with the operating system. Correct? "

If it works on a machine under Win98, then there's an o/s issue with your machine running Win2k/XP.......you could try uninstalling the patch and reinstalling....

Other than that I dunno.......I dont particularly like the more recent Win op systems for this reason.......most of the "stuff " that I use isnt compatible/wont work........I use ME and find it more than adequate.

"you could try uninstalling the patch and reinstalling..."

Are you talking about the Win2K/XP patch for IC-Prog?

Thanks

Chippie
I tried to reinstall the drivers. That didn't do anything.

I hate to keep harping on this subject but, do you got any other suggestions?

Thanks

Well all I can think of is, if it works under Win98, can you dual boot your pc ? or else access another pc with Win 98 on it ?

Comes back to my saying that I dont like using Win2k/XP for this reason

Chippie
Thanks for all your help.
I have looked into dual booting my PC and that may be the way to go.

Thanks again.

I've had problems also with IC-Prog (1.05A) with W2K. Programming failed randomly quite often. I searched for the fault from batteries and long connection cable between programmer and PC with no success.

Finally the problem solved when I turned Process priority one step higher. I think it's now on High.

So you might try that, if you haven't already.

It's in: Options --> Misc --> Process priority

OK. I now have a dual boot system. 98 and 2000 but the programmer still will not work.

any suggestions...

could it be my serial port? i have tried both

HELP PLEASE!!!

[/list]

beefer......You know your programmer works on another m/c running Win98...and you've tried it on yours with Win2k and with Win2k/98
How about just loading Win98 on and trying?

It would then make sense that there could be a problem with your machine ? Although I'd expect if you just had the single o/s on it( Win98) it ought to work 8) I know its a lotta grief but think its worth the try...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back