Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie wants to learn PIC18fxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinhnho

hi folks,

I have fews question about the pic18f4520:

-what is register? and how do i find register in the pic18f4520 ?
-How to identify the memory for this device, since i know that this device has a Harvard architecture there are separate memories for program and data.
-what is the size of the internal address bus? The internal data bus?

I have the datasheet with me right now. IF possible please explain how you get it, thanks alot and much appreciate.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Just read the datasheet - how would it help for someone to type the same information on here?.

i am reading the datasheet now, but not sure to identify some of them, by the way thanks for replied

Registers are specific memory locations, such as for setting the direction of the I/O pins. GPR's (general purpose registers) are the PIC equivilent of RAM. Program memory is completely seperate, and starts at 0x00 and continues to the end of memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back