Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie wants to learn electronics as a hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojo0716

Hello. Electronics interest me very much and I would like to learn more as a hobby. What books should I read, magazines should I subscribe to(just subscribed to Nuts and Volts, good?) and what projects should I start with? Thanks

try this one:
there are a lot of circuits etc but also articles explaining operation of devices etc.

**broken link removed**

hi mojo0716

first i would suggest that you buy the following books.

"The Art of electronics"

and

"Teach yourself electricity and electronics"

and subscribe to the EPE magazine (everyday practical electronics). you will find alot of projects to build in EPE. and i also suggest that you buy the back issues of EPE which you can get from their website

i hope that helps

I think it would be helpful if you had some kind of idea what projects you want to do. Robotics, games, tools, like clocks, weather stations... As a hobby, it's easier to start building simple projects and build your knowledge outwards from there.

I think you should start building a FM/AM Radio, then Amplifiers, then build a power suply. I hope this helps..

Then buy a good source of book and good source of magazine.
Then try to build that interest in you dude.

then study more and later try to experiments in difital circuits and Microcontrollers and lastly build ROBOTS.

here in our country in the Philippines we have less resources here, i always try to buy outside our country. Thanks.

Well anyway I hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!111

DirtyLude said:
I think it would be helpful if you had some kind of idea what projects you want to do. Robotics, games, tools, like clocks, weather stations... As a hobby, it's easier to start building simple projects and build your knowledge outwards from there.

I agree, thats what I did 5 years ago (junior in high school), just tried making different circuits for my car, and now I'm going to college for it.
Digital logic circuits are pretty cool. So are circuits involving LED's, although I might just be attracted to flashing lights? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back