Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie question on LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhh... I'm not sure on that one, I just got up, so I'm not thinking 100% clearly.

Can't remember if the 12 volts will burn out the 5v led, I'd get 3 12+ volt LED's, and also take a look at their MCD (brightness) if you want something really bright, go for a 100+ MCD, the ones you pick up at radio shack are like 15 at most, dull, boring, go for superbites, heh, I'm gonna be making an LED Torch soon, so that'll be sweet, trying to refit it to use a 2000 MCD LED.

HAH... Superbites... told you I wasn't awake yet.

Super brights

Wire up the LED's in parallel with a 680 Ohm resistor in each branch, as voltage is common to all branches in parallel circuits, this will ensure that each LED recieves 17.64 mA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back