Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEDs are not designed to fry. They are designed to use a current-limiting resistor. Then they will not fry.

LEDs are not designed to fry. They are designed to use a current-limiting resistor. Then they will not fry.

yeah? and what if we dont use a resistor? I mean, youre being too sceptical about this.
the speakers have a built in DC adapter, so it doesnt need any current rectifying system, even if is just a set of resistors, what i mean is it works fine, and i may post some video, sometime.

The point is that it's really really really bad practice in electronics, especially at the cost of about 1-4 cents to add a resistor to do it properly. It may work fine for a while, maybe for as long as you need it to, doesn't mean that it is something that "works fine" and you should accept as the normal way to do it.

Last edited:
Well why dont you read the post till the end, or at least, earlier posts, i said it, i had this for a month+ and it keeps going... still working pretty neat...

Oh and btw i forgot to say they are blue LED's, and suposely they a higher voltage need

Why did,t Obama want to use resistors??

He wants change at any cost
he is resistant to use resistors BECAUSE they are cheap
Just burn up parts and buy more
spend spend spend

I couldn't resist
sorry

The op dosn't know any better

It works so why fix it metality
easier to do it wrong than right??
maybe find out what brand LEDs the op is planning on BBQing then we can invest in the company and make some $$$ seeing how the op just wants to fry LEDs

The op must be B. Gates son or ??

more money than God
I wonder if I could get an interest free loan, no FREE money from the op??--lol
poof there goes another $50 transistor - oh well--klink into the bin.

Guys youre not getting it, if i used a resistor, like i tryed i couldnt light up the second LED because they were in series,im not agains resistors, i just hado no adequate resistors because the guy in the store thought i wanted to buil it with all of the LED's having a connection to the source power, i had bought two transistors and 4 LED's, and i wanted to do it so bad, so i did not bothered going to store again to buy other ones, also i dont drive and the next electronics store is not that near my house...

I promiss next time i will use adequate resistors so i can light up both LED's in series

more money than God
I wonder if I could get an interest free loan, no FREE money from the op??--lol
poof there goes another $50 transistor - oh well--klink into the bin.

Dude i wish i could be like that... just so you know, i have my bike stopped for over a month cause i dont have 10 f***ing euros to fix it ok???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back