Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

newbie project-please help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgeordio

Help...

Have been given a project to design and build a system using PIC's to Transmit and Receive, using RF - one way only, line of sight. The system is to be battery powered. I have only four weeks to complete project. My first thoughts was to use 4x7-seg-displays to transmit number to 4x7-seg-displays at receiver. This project also requires LED's to flash at receiver, (as a kind of test function). I'm going to buy the transmitter and recevier so any suggestions would be helpful.

Any starting points, circuit diagrams or suggestions would be handy.

Thanks.

little push...? Ok, here it comes:
Try to explain a bit more about the project. For example
are you looking for a way to transfer data in the line of sight ot not?
What is the range? Is is supposed to be simple on way connection
or bidirectional? How compact the RF part should be?
I would probably save myself lot's of headacke and simply buy
very cheap sender/receiver module pair from www.qkits.com:
**broken link removed** (sender)
**broken link removed** (receiver)[/url]

Project is one way only. And battery powered. This was the only information in the brief. The rest was up to me to decide. generally looking for the easiest option as have only 4 weeks to purchase components, write PIC program and assemble circuit boards along with trying to make the whole thing look pretty for the presentation. My first thoughts was to use 4x7-segment displays to input a code which be received on 4x7-segment displays at the receiver. Does this sound simple enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back