Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

newbie pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

japl

hello

i have a question i need an output
of 0 to 9V on RA0 on a
pic16f84 @ the same time be able
to display it on an LCD. My question is
there a device w/c can directly
communicate w/a pic16f84 and
at the same time control the voltage output.
if there isnt how do i go about it.
i was thinkin digital potentiometer.

thanx much

Hi do u mean make a sorta power suply, with the PIC controlling the output voltage, and displaying the voltage output on an LCD?

if so the easyest way is probably to use a high quality DAC. Depending on your needs a 24bit seriel one would probably suffice, thou it would take a LOT of cailbration boardem + reliable data sheet maths to figure out what value will give you what voltage.

Some DACs u can just interface serially and have them take a 9v rail, as the maximum, depending on ur application u might need to put some current amplification on the end of it. Some DACs u might need to use to control a MOSFET or somthing to allow full switching of upto 9v.

It might be possible to use an ADC built into the pic to act as a way of deteticting the voltage output, and then make the DAC chase until it hits the right voltage.

You might find it worth while going for a PIC with an SPI (Serial Protocol Interface) as most DACs of high resolution are seriel driven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back