Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie, need a simple counter schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsolennia

I just started my digital electronics class and my teacher is a firm believer that students have to figure things out by themselves. We're using the TTL 7400 series in school, and I need to find a schematic for a simple counter/timer/etc.
Also, I have no idea what I'm doing. Are there any good tutorial websites that can help me? (reading schematics, building circuits)

There have been many posts on this forum with regard to counters.

I have done a few myself.

Have you done a search for "counters"?

Have you downloaded the data sheet of a counter such as the 74LS93?

Have you done an internet search for "electronic counters"

Do you understand digital logic, ie. gates, Flip Flops, etc.?

I agree with your teacher. You will learn more if you do as much as possible yourself.

We can guide you, but you won't learn as much if we do it for you.

Last edited:
Yes, I've done a search for counters. I found a couple schematics that are too complicated for me. I just want a single digit 7 segment display.
My teacher has a data book and I've looked through that. I just don't know how to use any of the counters in a circuit yet.
And no, I don't know anything about digital logic. Where do I start?

I have attached a paper that will give you a starting point.

I'm wondering what your teacher has taught you. Not very much apparently.

I have also attached a simple counter I drew for someone else.

Attachments

• Logic Circuits.pdf
    173.3 KB · Views: 267
  • Digital Clock.jpg
    Digital Clock.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back